CUSTOMS RATER - INTERMEDIATE to ADVANCED
RESPONSABILITIES will include but are not limited to:
- analyse client shipment invoices to determine tariff, duty and tax rates;
- contacting clients or vendors to obtain additional information for proper tariff classification;
- answering inquiries related to release, tariff, compliance, etc.;
- other duties as assigned.
- minimum of 3-5 years rating and customs brokerage experience;
- excellent knowledge of customs tariff and regulations;
- knowledge of customs release requirements for various modes of transport and goods;
- excellent communication, organizational and judgement skills;
- ability to work well under pressure, understand deadlines and multi-tasks;
- solid computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Email, etc.);
- strong attention to detail.
WORK CONDITIONS AND SALARY:
- salary according to experience;
- life insurance, dental and medication plan;
- five (5) personal days paid;
- two (2) to three (3) weeks paid vacation after one (1) year of employment.